Thursday, February 3, 2011

Swatching Myrtle

MyrtleGaugeI have recently realized just how long it has been since I've needed to meet gauge. The last article of clothing I created was Aleita in the beginning of 2009. That is too long, so I am getting very excited about Myrtle and something new, but I am also getting tired of swatching. I know that my gauge has changed in that time so I decided to start from scratch. The pattern calls for size US6 needles, but I am down to a size US4 right now. I've gotten the stockinette right, but the lace isn't opening up as much as I would like. I think I'm going to stick with the US4s.  It seems to me that the stockinette is a more accurate way to measure, and I think I might be able to open the lace up with a slight bit of negative ease.  You can remind me of this decision in a few months when I am crying over my poorly fitting sweater. For now, I'm off to start casting on.

No comments: