Thursday, February 24, 2011

Queued: Cobblestone

From Brooklyn Tweed
Cobblestone, designed by Jared Flood,  was the very first project that I ever added to my queue. Despite that, I have not risked the sweater curse yet. I've been wanting to make Hubby a sweater for awhile, but he hasn't been 100% about wanting a sweater. It wasn't until this winter that started to enjoy wearing sweaters.

I had planned to make this as my first sweater. I thought it would be a good project for learning sweaters and getting over my apprehension.  The lack of shaping and the elegant simplicity of the look alleviated all of my worries. Since hubby wasn't interested, I kept putting it off, up until, I no longer needed it to be my first sweater.

Now that Hubby is starting to wear sweaters, I am starting to be inspired by all of the incredible women's versions in ravelry. One of us is going to have to wait our turn.

No comments: