Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fashion Tips from Mrs. Stark?

For the past few months, I've been checking out comic books.  I decided to make use of the Marvel Point One promotion and get to know Iron Man. I enjoyed the comic.  It was a fine set-up for introducing and laying out the story. There was one panel that I just had the hardest time getting past.  Tony was telling his story and he spoke about his parents.  I got a good look at his mom.
From Drop Box

What is she wearing? I had a problem reading past this because I just cannot understand what is going on  below that red sash.  Now I've accepted that in this genre of storytelling, unless it is a costume, a lot of the clothing is pretty standard. I'm not reading comics for fashion advice, so I don't generally care who is wearing what when super powers are not on display. This, on the other hand, is driving me crazy. There was a lot of extra effort put into that midriff.  A few simple lines and I would have brushed right over a stylish empire dress.  I might have even noticed the elegant long black gloves, but as is I just can't stop wondering what is happening here. Whatever it is, I don't think it is flattering her figure.

No comments: