Thursday, February 10, 2011

Queued: Cirque

From Drop Box
Cirque was designed by Sarah Wilson. I had originally found these socks when I was looking to design my own cowl. I wanted a textured cowl, but I wasn't really in love with any of the ones I found online. I decided to make up my own, but I didn't have any stitch patterns. I decided to hunt down some great sock patterns. I thought that they would have stitches already worked out for knitting in the round.  I would just need to scale it up to a size that would fit over my head instead of my ankle.

As always, Knitty was a great resource, and I found these great socks. I don't think I want this pattern to be a cowl. I like the cable cowls, but I was imagining something with more knit stitches and fewer purls. I never got around to making that cowl, but I'm keeping these socks in the queue because I'm still working on my collection.

No comments: