Saturday, February 26, 2011

Queued: Cabled Swing Cardi

From The Knitter's Book of Yarn
Norah Gaughan is one of my favorite designers. I find myself uniquely drawn to her patterns. She always seems to have just enough detail and never overwhelms the garment. I think her Cabled Swing Cardi in The Knitter's Book of Yarn is no exception.

I wanted to knit up this cardigan as soon as I saw it, but I've been torn about if I should knit it for me.  I think the length and the way the bottom panels will hang, will not flatter my pear shape. I think this would make a fantastic fall jacket, and I have a girlfriend who lives in a climate who will never need more than just that.  I've kept this in my queue because I think it could be a perfect gift for her. There are plenty of other Norah patterns that I'll be able to make for myself.

No comments: