Wednesday, January 19, 2011

FO: Viper Pilots!

Viper Pilots
The weather man won't promise me any sunshine so I decided to go ahead and take pictures of my Viper Pilots inside.  The lighting is horrible, but it is good enough to show you that I have a FO!


Since the pattern for these socks was a Christmas gift, I cast on at the very beginning of my Christmas trip in 2009 and I brought them along for this last Christmas trip as well, it seemed only appropriate to take their picture up with all of our Christmas cards. (Yes I've taken down the tree and all of the decorations, but I haven't been able to part with the cards yet.  Many of them are great pictures of our friends and family and I love seeing them when I come home from work every day.  Besides, I just received one this week; it certainly hasn't gotten its fair share of display time.)

Viper PilotsAll of the pictures I have taken previously focused on the vipers that run down the front and back of the leg. Seeing them on the sock blockers really made me love the swirly clouds that run down the sides.  Those cables required a cable needle, so now, it is great to be able to look at them without complete frustration.

It was a challenging patter, but I love this finished product.  As an added bonus, I've decided that there is nothing at all unprofessional about this royal blue. They will be keeping me nice and cozy at work tomorrow.

No comments: