Monday, January 31, 2011

FO: Reid

FO Reid

I am happy to announce that after a year and a half, Reid is done! Last week was crazy at work.  As soon as I finished on Friday, I dove right into social mode.  A friend came in from out of town and I spent the weekend eating and playing.  I had a great time, but I am exhausted and very little knitting was done.

The exception to that was finishing Reid.  I seamed it together during my snow day on Thursday and only had the crochet boarder left.  This is the second time I've ever crocheted and I'm proud of the results.  The last time I tried, I had difficulty keeping my loops loose enough to really do anything.  This time I made a effort to keep it open and loose.  I was worried about not being consistent and having really loose sections when I was paying attention and tighter sections when I was distracted.  My fiber comfort must have grown, because I didn't have any troubles at all.

Really the only issue is that it is backwards, or inside out... I'm not sure which.  I think I followed the directions correctly, but to do that i was hooking it on with the wrong side facing me.  There is a slight difference between one side and the other, but it is not enough for me to want to rip it out and start it over.  In fact, the only reason I noticed is because a lady I work with has some great knitting/crochet skills and she let me know.  You can take a closer look so you can notice:

FO Reid Close

I think this sweater is adorable. I am very happy with it. Now I just need to find a little girl to wear it.

No comments: