Sunday, January 16, 2011

Surge in Activity

Those of you following along have probably noticed the dramatic increase in activity and posting here. the very observant of you, will have noticed that it began on January 1st. You will just have to believe me when I say, this wasn't an intentional New Year's resolution. The truth is, I was inspired by my uncle while we were visiting over Christmas.

He's writing a book. Reading his chapters and listening to him talk about page counts made me think about how little writing I've done over the past few years. I had a writing intensive undergraduate program and during my graduate program I kept a blog to work out my ideas. My current job has a lot of writing involved but most of what I do is editing and working with other people's ideas. For the past couple years, I have toyed with the idea of taking an open source course to start writing again, but I have also been enjoying not be a student for a little bit. It wasn't until this Christmas that I started to remember how fun writing can be. I also realized that value writing and my post-college adult life was missing it.

I've decided to start in again by blogging. I don't expect this blog to full of lofty or remarkable ideas. I just want to get use to expressing myself again. Daily posts are a goal, but not a promise. I cannot think of a good knitting picture to complement this post, so I'll share one of my amazing uncle instead.


He is the best at making me laugh.

No comments: