Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Decision

Thank you to those of you who made it all the way through my Project Planning post and voted in the poll. I now have an action plan.  When I started writing that post, I thought that I would want to be casting on my Seattle Socks, but after working everything out, I've found myself going a completely different direction.  Instead of cabled socks, I'm going for lace sweaters.  I've decide that first, I am going to finish Reid.
P1220014
I've done a little bit of work on it, and there are only 6 rows of knitting left.  That's it!  There is still a bit of finishing left to do.  I'll need to block the pieces, seam them together and then put the cute edging on.  I think that there is going to be a perfect overlap of finishing this and starting Myrtle.  While my blocked pieces are drying I can start swatching, and since my swatch will need to be washed and blocked, that will be a good time to do the seaming.  Then I'll either need to redo my swatching or I'll be able to read up on other people's modifications and comments on the Myrtle pattern while I finish up the edging.  Once I finalize Reid, I will be completely ready to go.  I'm also hoping I'll learn a few extra lace sweater lessons finishing up this child size sweater before I dive into one big enough for me. My goal for the weekend is to finish, soak and pin out Reid.

And just because before and after pictures for lace blocking are the best, here is a good look at Reid:
Pre-Blocked Reid

No comments: