Friday, March 11, 2011

Follow Friday: Cake Wrecks

From Cake Wrecks
What's A Wreck:
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.

I confess, I've made and I've bought my share of wrecks. Jen and her team crack me up every day with wrecky mistakes. You could laugh yourself to tears just looking at the photos in each post, but I promise reoccurring giggle fits throughout the day if you read along. (Though sometimes, you'll need to sing along for full effect.)

Amazingly enough, this site has almost completely overcome my sweet tooth and ended all of my cake cravings. Throughout the week, the wrecks are unappealing enough, that I have no desire to eat most of them. On Sunday's the sweets are far too incredible to eat. I couldn't bear to cut into a single one. The best and the worst are all here, and thanks to Jen, I appreciate my local bakers like never before.

Twitter Bonus: @Cakewrecks

No comments: