Monday, March 21, 2011

FO: Brite Hat

Brite Hat FOI have finished my Rainbow Brite Hat! It feels really nice to have something new for me. I may be to blame for the cold weather coming back after our beautiful weekend because I really want a chance to wear this before I put it away for the summer. I'm sorry NYC.

I followed the pattern but switch between the two Chroma yarns when I switched as I switched from knitting to purling (the last knit row before purling was always done with the blue/green instead of the pink/orange so the first set of purl bumps would match.  Despite the double thick brim, I did use a little bit more blue/green than pink/orange. I think the purl sections are a perfect match for Rainbow Brite's sleeves (or her new bracers). I love the peeks of pink/orange throughout the hat. It is exactly what I imagined, and I couldn't be happier.

No comments: