Friday, March 4, 2011

Follow Friday: Brooklyn Tweed

From Brooklyn Tweed
From About:

Jared Flood is a Brooklyn-based knitwear designer and photographer. His articles and designs have appeared in Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits and various other print and online publications.


His first book Made in Brooklyn, a collection of handknitting designs in natural fibers, was published in August 2009.


In October of 2010 Jared launched Shelter, an artisanal line of American wool yarn. Shelter was meticulously developed as an ideal product for handknitters with an aim to support the American textile industry.

It seems silly for me to be gushing about Jared Flood again but it was inevitable. His blog is where I get my first reports of new projects, finished patterns, and now original yarn. I know that I've used elegant to describe his work before, so this time I am going to call it graceful. Both his designs and photos are filled with undeniable beauty, and they inspire me to create with the same perfection.

Twitter Bonus: @BrooklynTweed

No comments: