Thursday, April 28, 2011

Back to Knitterly Things

Take a look at this -

Myrtle

That is Myrtle on scrap yarn. I had to take it off the needles because it can't go any further without the sleeves. I've started the first sleeve and am about 2 1/2 inches into it. As soon as I had the body off the needles I wrapped it around my torso. It doesn't seem wide enough. When I look at the swatches and remind myself about the button band it seems fine. I am really pushing my faith right now though. I washed and blocked my swatches, so I should trust the process (and the math!) but I'm really missing Francis right now. I really liked trying things on along the way. I didn't mind waiting during Aleita because blocking wasn't going to make nearly as much difference. I just need to be more confident with my lace. I'm working on it.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

If you knit it, it will grow. :D Don't worry, the swatch won't lie. At least not enough to make it unwearable!

It looks gorgeous, by the way.

Amanda D Allen said...

Thank you! I am trying to trust the swatch. I am also reassured by the 'ruffling' of the garter stitch boarder because the whole thing is suppose to lay flat. The lace will have to open up for the bottom band to lay right.