Saturday, April 23, 2011

FO: Seattle Shawl

SeattleI finally decided that I was not having enough fun knitting my Seattle so I bound off. Technically I think this means I have a FO, but I don't feel very satisfied with it. I blocked it this week and it finished drying yesterday. It was cloudy and raining today, but I took it out for pictures anyway. Really, it seemed appropriate.

The finished shawl is about 40 inches across the long edge and less than 20 inches down to the tip. It is not really as large as I would want it to be. I'm not surprised though because I didn't even finish my ball of Noro. The saddest part of this story is that despite the dreary weather and the chill in the air, I didn't wear my new scarf(lette) when i went out to take photos. I gave this a nice long bath, but it didn't really soften up at all.  I don't like wearing it on my neck. I don't know what I'll do with it for now.  Maybe I'll dig out a teddy bear that needs some accessorizing.

No comments: