Monday, April 11, 2011

And Now Something Completely Different - 2KCBWDAY5

From Drop Box
This is an experimental blogging day to try and push your creativity in blogging to the same level that you perhaps push your creativity in the items you create.

You may have noticed that I skipped Day 5. It wasn't a neglectful skip, in fact, I've been working pretty hard for Day 5. The art in the header and footer of my blog is by Kurt Halsey. I love it, but it is not mine. I didn't make it or buy it, so I've always felt a little bad having there. Ever since I started blogging regularly, I've been thinking of changing that art to something that I have a little more claim to. I decided to do some doodling and try to make something of my own.

From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box

I didn't get very far into the doodles before I realized that I don't really have a very good way of making my drawings digital or working with them once they get there. I found some software for my new laptop and I tried working on the one idea that seemed the easiest for my photoshop skills.
From Drop Box
I wanted to include a kitty in some way, but I didn't have the confidence for that. I like the skyline because I love my city. You may notice that I did a bit of a mash up and added my favorite building from Chicago into the mix too. Unfortunately, I didn't finish this the first night I started working on it. I didn't finish with it on the second night either so I saved my picture and closed my program. As it turns out, you cannot close and save items to open them later if you haven't paid for the full software. Discovering this was extremely frustrating for me and so my little art project has been abandoned. It was fun to play with for a while though.

I'm still considering changing up the look of my blog, but I haven't found much that says Currently Purring like my current set up. Well, except for this:
From icanhascheezburger

No comments: