Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stash Enhancement

There are a lot of very fun ways to enhance your stash, but I have to confess that topless men might just be the most entertaining.

I am about to stick my head in the virtual sand when it comes to knitting. I've printed off a hat pattern, and I've got my scarf and socks to work on. Hopefully they will be enough to keep me away from Ravelry and the knitting blogs that I follow until this weekend is over. Everyone is getting ready for Rhinebeck, and I am not going. I remember reading about everyone's Rhinebeck excitement last year and wondering if I would ever be 'in to knitting' enough to hit up an event like that. This year I read about the sweaters people knit just to wear there, and who's packing what projects and which authors will be signing their new books. I'm 'in to it.' I want to go, and I'm less than two hours away! I am just not in a position to be able to go to the festival this year, let alone buy any of the stuff I can just imagine I will be coveting while I am there. So instead of making the quick jaunt to upstate NY, I am going to pretend that it is really more of a fleece thing and I won't appreciate it since I'm not a spinner. (I am warning you... nobody is allowed to correct me on this for the next 3 days!) I am going to avoid any of the tempting reports from Rhinebeck until Monday when it is too late for me to hitch a ride and try to sneak in.

For those of you going... I want to hear all about it. Tell me details, take lots of pictures... just don't expect to hear from me until next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to Rhinebeck, and I'll take pictures. If there are any men with shirts off, I'll snap some extra shots just for you. ;-) Especially the big, burly ones who are carrying several sheep under their arms!

Amanda D Allen said...

That is fantastic! It is about time I become an equal opportunity oogler. Besides I think June might be a little too young. Thankfully he has color work to eye up instead :).