Saturday, September 20, 2008

Talk About Piratey Things

I set my mobius fun, to put some more serious work into the baby blanket. Now that blanket is filled with piratey goodness. I watched Cut Throat Island, some Pirates of the Caribbean, and listened to the Librovox recording of Treasure Island. I considered some Captain Ron, but there are only so many hours in the day. The one with the most pirate cliches and buccaneer talk was with out a doubt Treasure Island. I almost feel bad, because I know that Robert Louis Stevenson did something incredible in creating and sharing this world and pirate culture, but it is saturated with things that we now find humours. If I didn't know that it was an original, I would assume that it was satire. I still can't help laughing at some of the things that I know are suppose to be absolutely terrifying.

I wasn't the only one celebrating talk like a pirate day. Knit Picks decided to share a peek at their treasure.

No comments: