Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mathmagic Land

So I've been thinking more about these two patterns, their differences, and which would better suite my friend. My hubby pointed out that Curve of Pursuit is the way to go for a math lover. He started telling me about spirals in nature and whatnot. Then he referenced Donald in Mathmagic Land. In the name of knitting we bonded over a fantastic (though a bit trippy) Disney classic.



You can check out the other 2 sections for some mathematics in chess and a billiards lesson that makes me think even I could do it. This was clearly an influencing part of his childhood. Watching it, I felt like I was being brought back in time to one of those indoctrinating moments where the secrets of the world were unlocked for my (childhood) hubby. What cartoons or characters influenced you as a kid?

Don't forget to let me know what blanket you like better. I'll see if I can dig something up on optical illusions so that the Curve of Pursuit won't have an unfair advantage over OpArt.

No comments: