Monday, May 23, 2011

Maddy - Class of 2011

From Maddy's Introduction letter:
Hi!


Thank you so much for this opportunity. I am very excited about getting to spend some time observing your world. I am a huge fan of music and movies. I also love to go shopping with my friends. I know that we are going to have a lot of fun together and I’m confident that I am going to learn a lot from you.






Favorite Joke:


Knock, Knock
Who’s there?
A cow goes...
A cow goes who?
No! A cow goes moo!



Maddy was the start of this entire project. I wanted to do something special for a girlfriend. She is almost as big of a Monsters, Inc. fan as I am (though she makes up for it with her undying love of other Disney creations.) I had tried to make her a Hug, but mine just looked creepy. I decided to go through my queue and find something huggable. Penelope was perfect.

I wrote up the internship letter from Roz. As each monster finished they hung out in my apartment and Hubby and I started coming up with tidbits about them to include in their introduction letter. Right before sending them out I decided to include their favorite jokes in the introduction letter. I think it gives the host families a good sense of where their humor levels are at.

No comments: