Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Recommendation

As I mentioned, in addition to knitting, I've been catching up on my podcasts for the past couple days. I am probably subscribe to far too many, but I like them all and I listen to most of them regularly. I get most of my news via podcast. I also listen to lectures at local universities, stories about New York and its history, and of course some great knitting stuff. At some point, I'll have to go though and share with you all of my favorites. That is for the future though. Today I want to share one particular episode with you. I listened to it yesterday, and loved it.

It is from the CUNY Lecture Series podcast. The page lists about a month's worth and will direct you to older ones and other CUNY radio productions. I have been impressed with the series so far, but that shouldn't be any shock. I enjoy the higher ed environment so having academia streaming though my headphones keeps me pretty happy. The particular episode that I loved so much I would recommend it to everyone that I know reads this blog is Crafting an Eloquent Beginning. One of the John Jay professors was awarded a Pulitzer Prize for Biography. I'm not sure if this evening was a celebration, or if it was event from the Leon Levy Center for Biography at the Graduate Center. Either way it was fantastic, and I wish I had been there for the live reading. Several authors read their favorite opening paragraphs from various biographies. I recommend that you take an hour to listen. You could sit down at your computer with your knitting, or you could download it to you mp3 player (iTunes) and listen while you take a walk or do the dishes. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a podcast addict as well. Thanks for the suggestion and I will be sure to check it out. Sounds like something I would like as well. I'll be on the lookout for other podcast suggestions.