Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Quick Introduction

During the Earl Grey socks, I cast on for a lace project mainly to help give me some perspective on my sock yarn. It only took about ten rows of working with lace weight to really give my sock yarn some substance. I don't see this getting done anytime soon, but I've been picking it up every so often when I have the chance to really focus on my knitting. I am using Alpaca Cloud in Midnight Heather. This yarn is incredible. It seems black, but it is filled with flecks of green and blue. Sometimes I think I might see a purple. The colors are really subtle, but they give it a lot of depth. It has been really hard to photograph, but hopefully you get the idea.

The pattern I have paired it with is the Cleopatra Wrap (Ravelry Link) from Sensual Knits. There are two errors in the pattern. The errors are not really that hard to figure out, but this is my first lace project so I was reluctant to go forward without finding the errata.

I've only gotten around 30 rows done and I have hundreds more to go, but as a quick introduction, here is my Cleo:

1 comment:

Lupie said...

I found your blog on the Yarn Diva group. You have and interesting blog with great projects. I started a group on Ravelry, Lesser Known Skeins http://www.ravelry.com/groups/lesser-known-skeins
where fiber lovers who blog can support each other. We have great people from all over the world and we comment on each others blogs. I will be sending you an invitation.