Saturday, September 11, 2010

Summer Catch-Up

I have had a wonderful summer playing around in my fabulous city. I was having so much fun, that never made time to sit at home and blog, so now I'd like to do a little catching up. I haven't done any major knitting, but there were some cute little projects that I'd like to show off.

Technical Note: for this post I am going to try out a new Ravelry feature and link to my projects so anyone (Rav members or not) can see the details of what I worked on, and skip the Pattern, Yarn, Needle, Notes section of my post.

Cthulhu Bag


Bag
A friend of mine picked up a fun little game, and was looking for a nice bag he could keep his dice in.
I couldn't resist the opportunity to make him one. I knit most of this while waiting in line for Shakespeare in the Park. Unfortunately, we never got tickets, but we did get to spend a (couple) beautiful days lounging in the park.

I learned from this project that I need a lot of practice with color work. My gauge tightened right up, and I didn't leave the floating yarn on the wrong side loose enough.

Katy's Cup Sleeves

Blue/Green Pink/Purple
You remember Katy. She is still coveting knit goods, so when she mentioned wanting some coffee cup sleeves, I dedicated a subway ride to knitting just for her.

Piper's Highline

Highline
I love The Highline so I've been wanting to make this pattern since the moment I saw it. A friend that Hubby hangs out with had a surgery this summer, so I knew she'd need something to keep that cold hospital chill away. I had to block it one half at a time because I don't really have space in my apartment to spread out a full wrap to dry, but it was worth it. This is a fun quick knit and I will be making it again.

I *heart* My City

Hearts
You'll just have to wait until my next post to hear more about these.

No comments: